If you've made a decision to displace your windows, you've probably already given a lot of considered to which material is best. Wood vs. vinyl windows? Aluminum vs. vinyl windows? Odds are you've also encountered a lot of conflicting information about these choices.
The good news is your decision doesn't have to be complicated. Because after you perform a head-to-head comparison, you'll observe that vinyl is simply an improved choice than other materials. It's certainly more advanced than aluminum windows and doors – which readily conducts heat and cold making them much less energy efficient. And, as you're about to find out, vinyl outperforms wood, too. vinyl windows and doors Oakville
Sure, wood and vinyl windows may perform similarly in regards to energy efficiency, but considering simple installation, wood's high-maintenance requirements and the accessibility to rich, textured, realistic woodgrain laminates for vinyl windows, vinyl becomes the outstanding selection for all these reasons:
- Low maintenance
- Great insulating value
- Beauty and appearance of wood with no hassle of maintaining it
- Strength and durability
- Excellent resistance to rotting, corrosion, salt air, termites and air pollutants.
Once the comparison is wood vs. vinyl windows, vinyl clearly wins. Still have your heart set on the design of real wood? Let's have a closer look:
- Vinyl retains its finish – there's you should not sand, re-stain and repaint!
- Vinyl won't pit, peel or flake like wood.
- Vinyl holds around repeated use, maintaining its beauty year after year.
- The sole maintenance vinyl usually required is really a quick washing, after which it it seems as effective as new. vinyl windows and doors Oakville
- Beautiful, durable and realistic interior wood laminates can be found today is a number of popular woodgrains such as for example oak, cherry and maple. Allowing you to have the rich look of wood at home with the maintenance.
Need another reason vinyl is better? How about the fact it's easier on the pocketbook – approximately 10% less expensive than wood. Plus vinyl windows give you a number of architectural choices and design options to select from – styles, configurations and colors to perfectly complement your home and lifestyle.
So might be vinyl windows better? Let's put it this way – over the long term, there's hardly any comparison in regards to wood vs. vinyl windows. Vinyl is the smarter choice!